Bored of plain ‘ol bacon and eggs? Try this classic combination in a new way. Easy to make ahead and take on the go. Great for kids and brunches too! Customize this recipe by adding local and seasonal vegetables and herbs
Bacon-Hugged Egg Cups (Paleo & Gluten-Free)
These delicious bacon-hugged egg cups will sustain you throughout the week.
Author: Amanda Love
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch, Kids, Paleo, Gluten Free
- 12 slices pastured bacon (or about 1 pound)
- 10 organic or pasture-raised eggs
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Optional: ½ cup organic shredded cheese, ideally raw (Jack, Cheddar, Mexican Blend all work well)
- Optional: ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium heat, pan fry the bacon 5-7 minutes per side. The bacon should be partially browned and still flexible to mold on the inside of the muffin tin.
- While the bacon is cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs.
- Fold in scallions, cheese and cilantro into eggs, if using.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray (I use Spectrum Naturals Coconut Oil Spray or melted butter, olive oil or coconut oil)
- Take one slice of bacon and wrap around the inside of each muffin compartment.
- Fill each compartment three-quarters full with egg mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until center of egg is set.