Healthy Cooking and Growing Seminar with Amanda Love, The Barefoot Cook and Howard Garret, The Dirt Doctor teaming up to present how to cook and grow vital, healthy food while saving money.
Date: Saturday, Feb 19th
Price: $74.95 per person (limited seating)
Address: Dallas Farmers Market, 1010 S. Pearl, Dallas, TX 75201
Amanda will discuss which foods our ancestors have been eating for thousands of years that bring us health and vitality and which modern foods we are eating that are bringing about destruction in our health. She will explain how healthy digestion is the key to true health and will demonstrate how to easily make foods that will soothe, heal and add beneficial bacteria to the digestive tract.
Howard will show how to grow edible landscapes including vegetables and herbs at home. He will teach how to create healthy, productive soil so you can grow the most nutritious food possible.
Learn how to make:
- Homemade Bone Broths
- Probiotic, Enzyme Rich Foods like Cultured Vegetables, Kombucha, Beet Kvass, Ginger Sodas, Kefir and more
- Greens – how to easily get them into your diet
- Fat and Salt: get the scoop on which fats heal and which ones kill
Additional Dietary Topics Covered Include:
- Principles of healthy diets discovered by Dr. Weston A. Price.
- Which foods nourished & sustained our ancestors for centuries vs. those that lead to disease
- SOL Food Cooking – Cooking w/ Seasonal, Organic, Local Ingredients
Includes a delicious, organic, seasonal lunch prepared by Amanda Love and Vickie Zamora
- Growing edible gardens
- How to create a healthy inner ecosystem
- Nutritious lunch
- Recipes and transformative lifestyle tips
- Howard Garrett’s Basic Organic Program
- An autographed copy of The Organic Manual
- Gift bag of products
Talk to the Dirt Doctor to register and/or for more information or call to register: 214-365-0606
|Howard Garrett, “The Dirt Doctor” is an author, talk show host, landscape architect and arborist. He provides information and advice on natural organic gardening, landscaping, pet health, pest control and natural living. He is Chairman of the Texas Organic Research Center.|
|Amanda Love, “The Barefoot Cook” is a Certified Healing Food Specialist, Natural Foods Chef, Nutrition Educator, WAPF Conference Chef and recent recipient of the Weston A. Price Food Activist Award. She emphasizes eating fresh, local, seasonal, organic and nutrient rich food.|