I recently served this delicious dip at the annual Cornucopia Institute Board Meeting in Minneapolis, MN. It is easy to make and oh-so delicious!
I will disclose my favorite mayo recipe in a future post, but for now suggest the only brand I buy if I buy store bought mayo which is Hain Safflower mayo. It’s not perfect, but far better than all the mayos that use soy or canola oil. This recipe is so easy as you just zip up your mayo with these delicious flavors. This will leave everyone talking after your next party. Just make sure everyone partakes, as you will most definitely have garlic breath
- 1 cup mayonnaise (my favorite store bought brand is Hain Safflower mayo)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (marjoram is good too)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk or blend mayonnaise, oil, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon peel in small bowl. Season aioli to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.