Are you confused about what to eat? Are you overwhelmed with information?
There is a story about the Diamond Sutra that goes something like this…a young monk spent 20 years training, learning, reading, studying, meditating, contemplating and applying his knowledge to become an expert (in monkdom, I guess). After his training was complete, he went to the Buddha and asked, basically, (I am paraphrasing, here), “So, now what?”
The Buddha quietly answered, “Now forget everything you know”.
Now you can only imagine what this monk (no longer a spring chicken anymore) might have been thinking. He probably wanted to cry and laugh and beat a pillow against the wall all at the same time. “You mean, what?? After all that? I put so much time in. Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Are you serious? Come on! Forget everything I know. Ya right!”
“Hey, did you not hear me, says the Buddha?” Again, he whispers, “Forget. It. All.”
Knowledge can be power…to a point. Until it disables us. Looking back when I was young and knew nothing about nutrition, I was actually a lot more in tune and smarter in many ways about what was right for me to eat. I didn’t have any ideas about what I should or shouldn’t eat. I had digestion of steel. I ate what sounded good when I wanted to eat. I drank enough water that felt good to me.
And then…I became influenced by others ideas of what was right for me to eat. I became a vegetarian because I “thought” that was the most righteous diet to have for all kinds of reasons until it totally screwed up my lovely digestion and health. I healed by eating lots of meat and fat because I “thought” that was the right way to eat, until I realized that while I need and love meat and fat, I don’t need that much.
And then I started to learn about nutrition, a.k.a., unlearn how to eat intuitively. I studied it in all sorts of ways for the next 17 years. I went to two different nutrition schools. I worked for different naturopaths and nutritionists, I interned with well respected leaders in the field, I read a startling amount of books, I attended a huge amount of seminars in my free time, I worked with clients, I tried out many different eating styles on myself, I learned a lot… a freakin’ lot. And then…after all that, I realized I basically knew a lot of information and ideas of what I thought was right and good, but now how to get back to that pure place of knowing what was right for me from an intuitive place, from a body place. Nutritional Beginner’s Mind.
All of my studying reminds me of what our dear monk went through. I studied, trained, experimented and then came to a place of needing to forget it all….to surrender my knowledge to deep wisdom and intuition about food. And that is where I am at today and where I want to meet you.
Create a change!
If you are sick of being told what to eat by supposed experts, then we could be a good fit. You see, I am a supposed expert, and I am now taking off that hat to allow for deeper wisdom and intuition to come through to guide my sessions. With that, I help you to develop your own inner guidance and intuition about what to eat. You might find out that your body really wants a lot more fat that you “think” you should give it. Or that you need to just eat a bunch of veggies for a few days. Or nourish yourself with a bowl of homemade chicken soup. Or indulge in some delicious peaches and whip cream. Your body knows the answer.
As a Nutrition and Wellness Consultant & Real Food Chef of 17 years, I am not only experienced, but qualified to offer you the support you need to take your relationship with food and how you nourish yourself to the next level. I have a deep understanding and experience of the following diets: Weston A. Price, The GAPS Diet (Gut and Psychology Diet), SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) Diet, Paleo Diet, Perfect Health Diet, Body Ecology Diet, Ayurveda, Blood Type Diet, Raw Foods Diet, as well as the Vegan and Vegetarian Diets. While many practitioners are married to one of these specific diets, I borrow from the best of all of these diets to help you customize what works for you and your unique bio-individuality. And maybe it isn’t just one diet but instead tapping into the gems of a few of them and getting real about what your body wants and needs to thrive.
Learn More About What to Expect From a Session:
- Release old, unconscious ways of eating that are no longer serving you
- Invite in new, loving, conscious ways of eating for your body that absolutely serve you in every way
- Get unstuck with unhealthy patterns around eating and create new healthy habits
Who I love to work with:
- People who are ready to depart from devitalized, industrialized food to fresh, wholesome, real food
- People who want to tap into their intuition and inner knowing about what food is actually good for them (even if doctors and scientists don’t agree)
- People who are wanting to take a holistic approach to healing a dis-ease or specific health issue
- People who are ready for a complete and radical shift of their health paradigm
- People who are open to embracing the wisdom of their ancestors and want to tap the wisdom that is naturally abundant within themselves
- People who want to change their habits and need someone to hold them accountable
- Women/couples that are trying to get pregnant naturally and seek to create a healthy body for a new life to grow
- People that are seeking to cleanse and purify their body of toxins
- People who are seeking a deeper connection of where their food originates and how their choices around food impact the earth and fellow human beings
Book an individualized Intuitive Nutrition consultation with me and learn how to truly nourish yourself with healing, feel good, real foods…that are right for you.
Pricing: I like to work intensively together so we can affect a change quickly. The most effective way to do this is with a series of 3 sessions scheduled within a 6 week time. Signing up for the Bulk Consultation Package is the best way to do this. But one session can also change your life!
- One Time Consultation: $250.00 (2 hours session)
- Bulk Consultation Package $550 for 3 sessions within 6 weeks – most effective way to affect change quickly! (1st Session 2hrs, 2nd and 3rd follow up session 1 hr each)
- Consultations will be held over the Phone and Skype.
- Includes 3 Email Exchanges per Session