(adapted from Elana’s Pantry)
I love this gluten free bread. It really tastes like bread but is free of gluten and is so easy to make. No yeast, no rising, no gluten. You can make your own almond flour from pulverizing soaked and dehydrated almonds or you can order it online. I found this recipe from Elana’s Pantry. She has many great recipes using almond flour. Sometimes I change some of the ingredients in her recipes to use ones I like better. My favorite source for almond flour is Benefit Your Life.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon honey or coconut nectar or yacon syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted butter, melted ghee or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, salt and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, honey and vinegar.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Pour batter into a well greased 7.5″ x 3.5″ loaf pan
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool and serve
Storage: Wrap the bread in a paper towel and then seal it in a Ziploc bag; stored this way it can keep for several days refrigerated.