I have no workshops scheduled at the moment, but feel free to sign up for my email newsletter to hear about my future events.
The Barefoot Cook presents: ‘Nourishing Foods Summer Cooking Workshop’
June 4th & 5th, 2013 from 10am-5pm
Learn how to prepare delicious summer foods in beautiful Austin Hill Country. Summer season cooking techniques and flavors, cultured beverages, fermented veggies, and crack open the mysteries of the coconut. Delicious, seasonal hands-on lunches included.
Topics Covered Include:
- Summer Season Cooking – Techniques, Flavors and Cooking Energetics of Season
- Summer Veggies and all the ways to prepare them
- Cultured Dairy – including kefir, yogurt, crème fraiche, buttermilk and whey
- Cultured Sodas – including Beet Kvass, Kombucha, Water Kefir and Whey Sodas
- Cultured Veggies – prepare fermented veggies and learn whey, starter vs wild fermentation methods
- All about Coconut – Coconut Water, Coconut Milk, Coconut Kefir and Coconut Yogurt
- Healthy Sugars and Seasonal Treats
The Nourishing Foods Summer Cooking Workshop is offered by Amanda Love, Certified Healing Food Specialist, Natural Foods Chef, Nutrition Educator, WAP Conference Chef, and recent recipient of the Weston A. Price Food Activist Award. Dispel the dietary myths of our present culture and learn the truth about REAL nutrition. Regain your birthright of vital, vibrant health by preparing delicious, nourishing foods and making well educated choices when selecting the best ingredients for yourself and your loved ones!
The Barefoot Cook presents: ‘Nourishing Foods Nutrition and Cooking Workshop’ a full day, hands-on workshop + includes delicious meal
October 6th, 2012 from 10am-5pm
Did you know our ancestors ate certain foods that nourished and sustained them in good health for centuries? Did you guess these are the same foods the “dietary police” have been telling us to avoid for decades? Yes, butter, cream, eggs, meat, whole milk, and even lard are the rich, nutrient dense foods that gave our great, great grandparents those strong, hardy bodies and sound minds. Most of us have cut these foods out of our diet not realizing these are the very foods we need to sustain and maintain good health.
Topics Covered Include:
- Principles of healthy diets discovered by Dr. Weston A. Price
- Learn which foods nourished and sustained our ancestors for centuries and which ones lead to disease
- Learn which foods we have been taught to avoid that are actually good for us
- SOL - Cooking with Seasonal, Organic, Local ingredients
- Obtaining your optimal weight with satisfying and delicious food
- The major importance of gut health and good digestion
- Staple ingredients to have on hand in your kitchen to easily prepare healthy and delicious meals
- Sustainable shopping tips and resources to support our local economy and planet
The Nourishing Foods Nutrition and Cooking Workshop is offered by Amanda Love, Certified Healing Food Specialist, Natural Foods Chef, Nutrition Educator, WAP Conference Chef, and recent recipient of the Weston A. Price Food Activist Award. Dispel the dietary myths of our present culture and learn the truth about REAL nutrition. Regain your birthright of vital, vibrant health by preparing delicious, nourishing foods and making well educated choices when selecting the best ingredients for yourself and your loved ones!
The Barefoot Cook and the author of “The Hip Girls Guide to Homemaking” present: The Essentials of Cultured Dairy (featuring non-dairy alternatives)
Sunday, October 21, 2012 from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
Get ready to make your own probiotics, one of the most health-supporting foods you can incorporate into your diet! In this intensive demonstration and interactive class, attendees will learn the essentials of making yogurts, kefir and other cultured dairy products, with instruction and example for using cow, goat and coconut milks. We will discuss the benefits of each of the milks, including discussion on raw vs. pasteurized and the process for extracting milk from a coconut.
We’ll discuss the benefits of probiotics and how they work in both the process of culturing milk products and then during digestion within the context of our intestinal flora. We will also discuss and include in a recipe packet numerous ways to incorporate each of these items into your diet in delicious and creative ways.
Participants will each take home a recipe packet and for those who choose the cultures ticket option, a package of yogurt starter cultures.
Light snacks and many samples will be served, though we recommend eating a meal before the class. Payments with check or cash are also accepted, please contact us directy through the ‘contact the host’ feature to pay by either of these methods.
About the instructors:
Amanda Love is a Nutrition, Wellness and Real Food Cooking Consultant, Certified Healing Food Specialist, Natural Foods Chef, Nutrition Therapy Practitioner, Weston A. Price Conference Chef and recipient of the Weston A. Price Food Activist Award. Amanda is also a board member of the Cornucopia Institute. Amanda offers one-on-one nutrition, wellness and cooking consultations as well as cooking classes and workshops.
Kate Payne is an author and freelance writer, and a frequent consultant for design, decorating, cooking, and crafting publications and sites. She lives in Austin and teaches writing workshops and classes on home food preservation and other food-based instruction both privately and at culinary centers locally and across the country. Her book Hip Girl’s Guide to Homemaking (HarperCollins, 2011) is available wherever books are sold. Learn more about Kate here.
The Barefoot Cook’s Spring Nutrient Dense Cooking & Gardening Workshop :: Shift your paradigm. Expand your palate // One meal at a time.
March 31st- April 1st 9:30am-6:00pm both days
A lifetime of poor nutrition habits.
Decades of agitated meal-planning.
One weekend to heal your heart, restock your kitchen — and shift your cooking paradigm.
Can it be done? You better believe it – and we’ve got real cream, local veggies, pastured meat & butter.
Spend one weekend with me & 10-15 food-loving, health-seeking comrades, and learn how to reintroduce healing, nourishing foods into your diet — and prepare them with Love for your family and friends. From classic Coq au Vin & creamy squash soups to hand-crafted ginger-lime soda & sweet potato pecan pie, you’ll leave with a belly (and heart) full of new recipes to share & adore.
Also learn the basics of nutrient dense gardening with gardening expert Steve Diver. Steve will share his expert tips on how to create the most alive soil possible to create the most alive and nutritious vegetables possible.
Weekend Workshops are lively, light-hearted & accelerated experiences, with a maximum of 15 participants, each ’round. Lunches and snacks included.
The Barefoot Cook Nutrient Dense Cooking and Nutritional Workshop @ Rose Creek
May 12th, 9:00am-4:00pm
Join me for this 1 day Cooking and Nutrition Workshop at Rose Creek Farms in Wise County just NW of Dallas/Ft. Worth. Learn all the beautiful basics on how to prepare healing, delicious, nutrient dense food. Lunch included.
Spend a day with Amanda Love, The Barefoot Cook, and learn how to prepare healing, nourishing, delicious foods.
- Learn which foods heal and which foods cause disease.
- Learn which foods our ancestors have eaten for thousands of years that kept them healthy.
- Learn how to prepare probiotic rich foods such as kefir, yogurt and cultured veggies to add beneficial bacteria to your intestines and strengthen your immunity.
- Learn how to prepare healing bone broth and how to use it in cooking.
- Learn how to slow roast meats, make soups and stews and cook seasonal veggies.
- Learn how to make delicious sauces to add flavor and nutrition to your meals.
- Learn how to save time in the kitchen by planning ahead and creating staples to stock your kitchen with.
- Learn how to eat for health and feel great for the rest of your life!
One day with Amanda Love will do just that!
A farm fresh lunch with local ingredients will be included along with handouts and recipes.